Our BeliefsWhat drives us and informs our direction...
Welcome to Faith Baptist Church
Faith Baptist is located in the center of the smallest state in the nation. Faith is a dynamic, healthy and growing church serving the people of greater Rhode Island.
Our congregation is dedicated to serving and helping each other while fulfilling God’s purpose and commandments.
What We Believe
The Purpose of Faith Baptist Church
Faith Baptist Church exists to befriend people in order to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ. This purpose is the ultimate objective of our existence. Our mission explains our actions and ministry emphases that accomplish this purpose.
The Mission of Faith Baptist Church is…
To tell and teach all people to obey God in their lives through …
Faith Baptist is a faith community Where Relationship is Everything. We are growing together to make this more than a slogan; it is becoming a way of life. The FAITH acronym above provides five goals for relational ministry that help us make more and better disciples. Notice the following expanded acronym:
- F amily – The ultimate goal is to lead people into God’s family as they eventually step over the line of discipleship commitment (conversion). We are to demonstrate our discipleship by our love to God and to each other (Matthew 22:36-40, John 13:34-35, I John 4:7-8).
- A doration – Experiencing God through worship, celebration, and prayer. We are to make bringing glory to God our priority (Romans 11:36, Romans 12:1, I Corinthians 6:20).
- I nstruction – We are to help believers grow in maturity in the faith through sound biblical teaching (Colossians 1:28-29, II Timothy 2:2, I Peter 2:2).
- T elling – Taking Christ’s gospel of the Kingdom into our worlds of influence. (Matthew 4:19, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).
- H elping – We are to demonstrate our discipleship by following Jesus’ command and example by serving others in our area through kindness, mercy, and justice for God’s glory. (Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 4:18-19, I John 3:17-18) Also, being involved in ministries of FBC and how we can serve others.)
- The Holy Bible, written by men, is divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man and without error in the original autographs.
- In one living and true God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on a cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all mankind, rose from dead on the third day, is seated at the right hand of God, and is coming again.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and lives inside every believer from the moment of salvation.
- That man was created by the special act of God, in God’s own image, and is the crowning work of His creation. However man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Only the grace of God can bring man back to His created purpose.
- Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who repent of their sin and believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Christian Baptism is an act of obedience through the immersion of a believer in water symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried and risen Savior; and the believer’s death to sin, burial of the old life, and resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
- The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
For an expanded version of what our church believes, see the following link to “The Baptist Faith and Message” which are “certain definite doctrines that Baptists believe, cherish, and with which they have been and are now closely identified.”